Manoj Kumar Sinha is the current Minister of State of Communications and Minister of State for Railways in the Government of India and a member of 16th Lok Sabha, representing Ghazipur Lok sabha constituency from the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Manoj Sinha was born on 1 July 1959 in Mohanpura, Ghazipur District, India. He has a B. Tech. and M.Tech. degree in civil engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi (earlier called IT-BHU).
BJP’s landslide win in Uttar Pradesh has left many political pundits stunned and leads one to the next logical question: who will be the next chief minister of India’s most populous state? Though there are many contenders to the throne especially home minister Rajnath Singh, state BJP chief Keshav Prasad Maurya, Dinesh Sharma and Yogi Adityanath to name a few, but there is another name that could pip others to the top job: Manoj Sinha, the union telecom minister
— ABP News (@abpnewstv) March 17, 2017
Here are 6 points on Sinha, a low-profile but hard-working minister in the Modi government:
1) Sinha, minister of communication (independent charge) and minister of state for railways, is a civil engineer. He was a student of IIT-BHU.
2) During his student days, Sinha was the students’ union president in the Banaras Hindu University.
3) In his last meeting in Varanasi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi effusively praised Sinha for his work and commitment as the railway minister.
4) Sinha is a Bhumihar (an upper caste) by birth. He deliberately maintains a low-profile image, wears his trademark dhoti and long kurta.
5) Sinha is a three-time BJP MP in Lok Sabha. He represents Ghazipur in the Lower House. (source: Hindustan times and times of india)
Manoj Sinha most likely to be next UP Chief Minister? https://t.co/qopas2ROT0
— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) March 17, 2017